Many private NYC schools ask high school applicants to write an essay, choosing from five prompts. This year:
- How does the story you tell on social media compare to your real life story?
- If you could live elsewhere for one semester, what would you hope to gain from the experience of living there and why?
- You are an activist. What is your cause, why are you so passionate about it, and what are you doing about it?
- “Honesty is the best policy.” Is it problematic to shift the truth in one’s favor, even if the lie is seemingly harmless to others?
- Describe one of your favorite family traditions and why it is meaningful to you.