Abacus Mom received this great info today about Lawrence Woodmere Academy, a rising star for NYC private school students as well as Long Island students seeking a top private high school.
Lawrence Woodmere Academy, founded in 1912, is an elite College Preparatory School. Lawrence Woodmere Academy is private, non-sectarian, and enrolls grades Pre-K through 12. We are proud to offer a premier college preparatory program unique to the south shore of Long Island. Our program is dedicated to helping students reach their full potential while preparing them for the global world which awaits them.
Our small class sizes create an environment where students receive individualized attention, are continually challenged, and can use critical thinking skills in all subject areas. We educate our students in a supportive academic environment while nurturing their personal talents and abilities.
- 5:1 Student- to-Faculty Ratio (Small Class Sizes)
- Ability Based Groupings
- STEAM Education
- Global Scholars Certificate
- 1:1 Four-Year College Guidance Program
- 100% Graduation Rate and Matriculation to College
- No Mandated New York State Testing Including Regents
- Affordable Private School Education
Prime Location and Facilities:
- Located in an affluent suburban neighborhood
- 10+ acre campus
- 18 miles from New York City
- 3 blocks from the Long Island Railroad
- 7 miles from John F. Kennedy Airport
- Dining Commons
- Historical Theater
- Art Studio
- Athletic Fields
- Summer Camp
Lawrence Woodmere Academy
336 Woodmere Blvd.
Woodmere, NY 11598