In my almost fourteen years helping students get into elite private high schools, I’ve seen again and again how knowing Mandarin Chinese helps students get in.
It helps them with admission to top colleges too. According to The New York Times, For a Standout College Essay, Applicants Fill Their Summers:
Josh Isackson, an 18-year-old graduate of Tenafly High School in New Jersey, spent the summer after his sophomore year studying Mandarin in Nanjing, China. The next year he was an intern at a market research firm in Shanghai. When it came time to write a personal statement for his college applications, those summers offered a lot of inspiration.
Now Josh is a student at Yale, and we can only imagine the boost to his job prospects.
This summer I’m delighted to have partnered with a top-notch, unique educational program that in three weeks, packs in language study and travel with job experience…. Truly a stellar combination and an extraordinary learning and resume-building opportunity for 14-18 year olds.
Best of all, beginners as well as advanced learners are welcome.
- Study in Beijing at prestigious Tsinghua University (the MIT of China).
- Intern with Chinese college students at a top Chinese company, developing presentation, cross cultural communication and critical thinking skills.
- Earn a language certificate and recommendation letter from a Chinese company director.
- Forge lifelong friendships and global connections with Chinese students.
- Explore Beijing, Shanghai, Xian & Wuzhen.
- Enjoy cultural activities including kong fu, calligraphy/painting and famous historic attractions, relics and museums.
- Trained teachers and chaperones put students’ safety and well-being first.
It’s all happening this summer with programs from late June to early August…
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, email me, and I will connect you to the program’s director. Note combined Chinese language and internship summer programs are unusual and in demand, so secure your child’s spot ASAP as this program will fill quickly.