As we close out 2009, here’s what we’ll remember about this eventful year:
- Public school zoning became so uncertain and chaotic that for the first time, people applied to private school just in case public didn’t work out;
- Thanks to ample coverage in the press, ERB prep for kindergarten became a headline, ruffling feathers throughout the ISAAGNY community;
- The lower level ISEE, with new questions and new scoring, proved problematic for many test-takers;
- Family affluence counted in admissions–more than ever;
- Financial aid for new families proved more elusive;
- The tumultuous economy didn’t damper families’ enthusiasm for Dalton, Collegiate, Trinity, and other top brand name schools;
- So in Lake Wobegon all the children are above average. Since here in New York, our children are gifted, a new school for this population almost immediately gained traction with Manhattan parents.
Here’s to a happy and successful 2010!!!
For our help with your child’s 2010-2011 application, or call 212-712-2228 9am-9pm EST. Limited enrollment available so please reserve your child’s space early.